Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment where you learn something new every day? Are you interested in the possibility of working from home once a week? How about getting off work every Friday at 2:00 p.m.?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you might be the person we’ve been looking for.
A bit about us:
At MGM Benefits Group, everybody works for their paycheck. But it’s what happens in between pay-periods that has ranked us among the elite in DFW’s “Top 100 Places to Work” list. With a rich 40-year history, we’ve built a team that is passionate about making an impact in clients’ lives who need affordable benefit solutions.
Our team takes pride in working with top insurance carriers around the country to deliver our partnered brokers and clients the best deals possible on employee benefits. Our goal as the broker’s “best friend” is to help our brokers to the best of our abilities, treating them like we would a family member.
THEbenefitsHUB is our state-of-the-art system that serves as an implementation and education tool for employee benefit enrollments. Customized client websites and product videos give employees the ability to confidently enroll in their benefits all within THEbenefitsHUB.
Your duties as our Content Writer/Editor:
- Maintain document libraries internally and externally including but not limited to documentation, training content, images, and videos.
- Write effectively on subjects with little to no prior knowledge.
- Perform audits on department documents to maintain up to date documentation.
- Manage email blasts for intended audiences using mass email programs including written and visual content design.
- Proofread and edit content written or recorded by other MGM employees such as internal procedures, catalogs, flyers, newsletters, agendas, classes, videos, etc.
- Write engaging blog entries for educational and informative purposes for clients and employees including designing social media graphics.
- Remain current on training design and methodology, and effectively adapt style, tone, and word choice for content with various audiences.
- Work closely with the Training & Documentation team on other assignments/tasks as needed.
What we need from you as a Content Writer/Editor:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Suite, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Familiarity with MS Publisher, WordPress, Piktochart, etc. with the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly is a plus.
- Requires excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning, spelling, and use of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Expected to posses well developed presentation skills. Basic public speaking skills such as knowing the material being presented, keeping the presentation on course, and providing audio-visual aids as necessary is a must.
- Must posses a working knowledge of social media applications.
- Understands different types of writing styles and can convey a message to the target audience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects for short or lengthy periods of time.
Perks of working with us:
- We're an employee benefits company. We've got you covered. We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, a 401(k)-matching plan and more!
- We’re big on health and wellness. We offer everything from free flu shots and telehealth services to fitness challenges and an on-site fitness center.
- A unique and diverse company culture. A healthy work-life balance is crucial to our company culture. We like to give (blood drives, charity drives), have fun (team building outings, off-site retreats) and work hard.
- Everybody needs a break at some point. Use your vacation time however you see fit, just make sure to use it when you need it! But you don’t need to use it because vacation time rolls over from year to year.
Local establishments for your hour-long lunches:·
- Twisted Root Burger Co. (0.6 miles) (Lunch)
- Panera Bread (0.6 miles) (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Target (3 miles)
- U.S. Post Office (2.2 miles)
- Tom Thumb (3.5 miles)
- Kroger (3.3 miles)